The Grand- Seasonal Kitchen Supervisor April-September
Compensation: $15.35 per hour plus full rewards benefits package. Affordable housing and meal plan.
About the position:
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible to assist in coordination and efficient kitchen operation, with emphasis on food ordering, kitchen production, sanitation and training. In addition, this position supports in food preparation, cooking, storing, labeling, checking food temperatures, organizing coolers, placing/receiving orders, prep lists, recipes, and specs.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Conducts daily staff briefings, highlighting the following: Occupancy forecast, VIP/Group arrivals, staffing, complaints, business for the day, staff productivity and public area condition.
- Prepares monthly forecast for the housekeeping department and coordinates with Laundry for the monthly forecast for Laundry.
- Attends P & L reviews and prepare rationale for variances in labor cost, printing and cleaning supplies, uniform/linen costs, and stationary costs per occupied rooms, etc.
- Oversees and administers lost and found procedures, ensuring that implementation level adheres to established guidelines.
- Prepares details of guestroom and cleaning supplies, equipment, uniforms, linen and flowers for the covered year.
- Provides labor need details to Operations Manager for incorporation in the labor cost budget.
- Prepares various monthly/quarterly reports and inventories (linen, amenities, etc.) and submits to the Operations Manager on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Carries out quality control activities and maintains/ upgrades standards by; conducting quality inspections of public areas; spot checking guestrooms, performing random quarterly quality inspection of all linen and uniforms.
- Works closely with Human Resources Department for staffing the department, and makes recommendations for promotions.
- Discusses training priorities with Operations Manager, drafts/reviews training schedules for the month and authorizes activities, coordinates all matters pertaining to training and development.
- Personally conducts/facilitates training activities in accordance with established targets.
- Recommends appropriate developmental programs and ensures the successful implementation of training programs in the department.
- Proactively look for ways to maximize the department’s output without compromising standards, handles high levels of staff turnover, which is common within the cleaning industry.
- Monitors staff performance and ensures documentation of both positive and negative performance indicators in preparation for the formal performance review.
- Conducts appraisal sessions for supervised staff and formally documents performance for the period using official forms, following authorized procedures and observing set timelines as disseminated by HR Department.
- Ensures that staff adheres to rules and regulations of the company by: facilitating regular reorientation for the staff; immediately communicating/updating staff on new rules/regulations; continuously monitoring implementation of rules/standards; effectively coaching/counseling and if necessary, disciplinary procedures when rules/standards are violated.
- Attends scheduled employee safety training and periodic reviews on departmental responsibilities in case of emergencies and ensures supervised staff gives full attendance as well.
- Possesses full knowledge of emergency procedures, and ensures that all supervised staff has full knowledge of emergency procedures and role of the section/department in handling such type of emergency.
- Ensures that all staff is aware of and follows required Lost and Found procedures at all times.
- Executive Housekeeper must oversee and ensures timely reporting and proper maintenance of equipment in the area of assignment.
- Executive housekeeper Adheres to specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the Hotel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Two (2) years previous supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development with the ability to train employees in all kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
Prior experience with food production records, scheduling employees and inventory/cost controls.
Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
Basic math skills.
Computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Xanterra Parks & Resorts® The Grand Hotel "We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity."