Veterinary Technician/ Veterinary Assistant
Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center of Northern Arizona
Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center of Northern Arizona, a full service 24-hour hospital, is seeking Veterinary Technicians. We are a busy hospital with a strong technical staff and opportunities for professional growth.
Applicants must be able to meet the following qualifications:
- Feel comfortable working independently and with other people
- Triage patients, perform outpatient procedures and care for intensive care inpatients
- Process laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates
- Feel comfortable administering sedatives and anesthetic agents and monitoring these patients.
- Perform humane low-stress restraint
- Be familiar with medical calculations and radiographic techniques and safety
- Proficiency in venipuncture is required
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and advance in their profession
- Positive attitude
We foster learning opportunities that help our staff advance in their careers and support individual growth in technician specialties such as anesthesia and critical care. We strive for a consistent work schedule to achieve a good work/life balance. Schedule may include days, nights, weekends and major holidays. We offer very good compensation which is based on experience and skill level, Medical, Dental, Vision, sick time, 401K and paid vacations for full time employees. VESCONA is looking for someone who isn't just looking for a great job, but wants to be part of a family. If you are looking for a veterinary practice that treats their employees and clients like family and practices the highest quality medicine, Come and be a part of this talented team!
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time