Business Specialist Sr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Exemplifies CCC Core Values of People, Learning & Growth, Quality, Ethics, Community, Respect, and Sustainability
- Provides exceptional front-line customer service for students, community members, and employees.
- Personally responsible for creating a positive and welcoming experience for all individuals who interact with the executive leadership team.
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Acts as a notary public for college-related business.
- Supports the management, reporting, and submission of grants.
- Assists in the writing and submittal of grant applications and reports.
- Communicates with staff and faculty about grant progress.
Policy and Procedure
- Provides customer service and helps other college staff members in the process of making changes to policies and procedures.
- Maintains the College's policy and procedure website.
- Prepares and monitors monthly procurement card statements for the executive leadership team.
- Assists with travel arrangements and travel documents in compliance with state travel rules and policies.
- Participates in and helps to organize internal and external events. Communicates facility needs to Facilities, Security, and ITS/multimedia as required.
- Assists all College staff members with scheduling meetings and locating rooms for conferences and meetings. Works with Academic Affairs to schedule classrooms as needed.
- Plans and coordinates events for the executive leadership team.
- Performs billing and invoicing for internal and external events.
- Performs all administrative and office management functions, with a high level of quality and productivity, including, but not limited to, scheduling, report generation, presentation creation, and database work.
- Writes, prepares, proofreads, and completes forms, letters, meeting minutes, agendas, memos, and other related correspondence.
- Updates websites and SharePoint sites for the executive leadership team.
- Assesses business processes and identifies opportunities for improvement, makes recommendations, and implements office automation initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office principles and practices.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft software programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher or similar.
- Skilled in creating positive interactions with diverse individuals
- Skill in providing customer service.
- Skill in effective oral, written and interpersonal communication methods.
- Ability to track and understand accounting and budgeting principles.
- Skill in effective time management, organizational abilities, and managing projects to be successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically and keep track of details.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to fit the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work in an environment focused upon student success, fun in the workplace and making a difference every day.
- Ability to become commissioned as a notary public.
Bachelor's Degree and one year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department.
Experience in public sector or other busy office environment. Experience in facilities scheduling and event coordination. Experience maintaining websites, managing databases, and/or working with Microsoft SharePoint.