Patient Service Coordinator
Job Title: Patient Service Coordinator
Salary: $13.02 hourly
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Answers all incoming calls promptly, identifies a triage candidate and effectively refers this patient to the Triage Flow Manager/Patient Navigator. Records and delivers all messages to the appropriate units.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, staff, and the general public.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to the HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Maintains a calendar of appointments for the Clinic Providers and Health Promotion by scheduling patient appointments, keeping a “call on-cancellation list”, continual update of patient demographics and insurance status, template updates to cover patient care availability Monday through Friday.
- Establishes new patients and provides assistance with AHCCCS enrollment as directed.
- Continuously performs data entry into electronic database, RPMS; and provides quantitative and qualitative reports as requested by supervisor.
- Listens, records and directs complaints from patients and general public on appropriate form and in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains the reception desk and the patient waiting room: Scans, assesses and continuously keeps the waiting room and reception desk clean and orderly throughout the day; At the end of the day a thorough walk through, cleaning and organizing must be completed.
- Maintains an inventory list of office supplies and provides a purchase order request for replacement of office supplies on a routine/scheduled basis.
- Participates in cross training to improve skills in medical records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or its equivalent; 1-2 years of experience in the field or related area. Valid Arizona Driver License, Class I Fingerprint Clearance, CPR, First Aid and HIPAA Certification.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of front office and reception principles, practices and techniques sufficient to provide necessary and effective service to patients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Maintains billing software updates correctly for patient payments, by cash or credit card.
- Skill in the operation of a computer; sufficient to enter, retrieve and work computer systems.
- Strong phone etiquette.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates satisfactory skill in decision making in accordance with NACA policies and procedures.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest and Resume. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968.
Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).