Certified Medical Assistant
- Administers direct patient care as required and outlined in accordance to protocols, standards, and regulations of NACA Family Health Center.
- Performs routine intake and direct care of patients by conducting vital signs, administers injections, nebulizer treatments, dressing, clinic labs, EKG, Spirometry testing as ordered by the provider and other therapeutic procedures as directed by the provider.
- Works with existing data tracking systems to ensure department’s quality data compilations for reporting purposes. Works to capture all data related to patient care, notes, GPRA, UDS, grant required data through PCCs through RPMS and electronic health and existing systems.
- Maintains exam room; organization with the cleaning and stocking of supplies on a routine schedule in accordance to clinic protocols, standards, and regulations of NACA Family Health Center.
- Supervises the patient schedules and navigates the flow of care with support and direction from the provider.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments for examinations within the same day of use.
- Performs inventory of clinic supplies and updates inventory levels; submit a list of items for ordering clinic supplies. Maintains an adequate amount of supplies and equipment according to the inventory lists as well as proper storage of all clinic equipment.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality through HIPAA and Confidentiality Standards.
- Establishes and maintains relationships internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED, plus an accredited certification as a Medical Assistant is required. One (1) year experience in clinical setting. Must pass Fingerprint Clearance Class I and background check.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medical Assistant Principles, practices and techniques sufficient to provide necessary and effective service to patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skill including ability to prioritize
- Experience working with Native American clients. Navajo speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest and Resume. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968.
Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).