Clinical Applications Specialist
- Provides technical support and training to staff on electronic health information applications.
- Coordinates upgrades to electronic health information systems and RPMS.
- Troubleshoots and resolves electronic health information problems.
- Creates, manages, maintains and monitors user accounts and passwords for all electronic health applications.
- Audits electronic health applications for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains interface between electronic health record system, i.e. RPMS, i-Care, electronic billing system.
- Manages the patient satisfaction survey process for collecting data and reporting findings.
- Provides training on security regulations applicable to RPMS.
- Provides technical support for integration of new hardware requirements associated with electronic health record implementation.
- Function as point person with Indian Health Service for testing software and identifying software problems.
- Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends as related to CAC duties.
- Trains and updates system users and data entry personnel on current, new or modified application packages, data entry procedures, including security measures and maintenance of system integrity.
- Corrects errors as needed. Determines if errors are procedural or system application deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration; One (1) – two (2) year experience in office and medical records procedures, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties. A class I Fingerprint Clearance card, CPR, First Aid, and HIPAA Certification (can be acquired before and/or after hire). Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License. Must complete/pass a sensitive background investigation & fingerprint clearance in accordance with NACA policy.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer and ability to learn other software applications as needed such as the RPMS and EHR database systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of medical records and medical clinic surroundings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest and Resume. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968.
Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).