Hospice Registered Nurse
Northern Arizona Hospice
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state regulations.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with Administrator.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis identifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.