Part Time Occupational Therapist
Nurses Network is under new ownership!!! We are looking for ambitious and outgoing therapists who will join us in our mission of providing quality home healthcare services to our community in Flagstaff. We are locally owned and operated and offer a supportive balance for work and life schedules.
Offering: Competitive pay with healthcare, dental, and vision packages and employer-matched Simple IRA. A full-time position of Monday – Friday, nurses determine their visit hours between 8am and 5pm.
- Performs occupational therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled treatments, and ongoing evaluation of patients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Completes assessments in a timely manner and in accordance with Agency policy.
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved function.
- Provides assessment findings and goals to assist in developing the patient care plan and obtains specific physician orders as needed.
- Documents all findings, plans, interventions, and patient progress (outcomes) on designated forms and submits per Agency guidelines.
- Communicates plans and changes to the physician and to nursing Case Manager and other agency staff through the care plan, written progress notes, and participation in care conferences.
- Guides and instructs the patient in prescribing therapeutic self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and cognitive functioning.
- Advises, consults, and teaches appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to patients, family members, and other Agency staff.
- Designs and/or orders appropriate adaptive/assistive devices and/or splints to promote optimal level of functioning.
- Instructs patients and their families in the patient specific program.
- Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Provides services in accordance with applicable state, federal, and JCAHO standards.
- Attends meetings and required educational programs.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional development and identifies learning/developmental needs to supervisor.
- Attends care conferences, initiates interdisciplinary referrals and participates in care coordination as needed.
- Serves on the Clinical Record Review Committee.