Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona
Position Title: Property Manager
Employment Details: Full Time
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(May flex schedule to four 10-hour days)
Some nights and weekends
Occasional travel required
On-call for rental property management concerns
Salary starting @ $40,000 annually
Job Location: HSNA Main Office
2304 N. Third St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona History:
Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona, Inc., is a local 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to build opportunity for sustainable, affordable housing in northern Arizona. Founded in 1990, as the Affordable Housing Coalition and previously known as BOTHANDS, the organization’s main programs include housing counseling, construction of affordable housing and Sharon Manor, a transitional housing facility for homeless survivors of domestic violence. The Mission of Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona is to build opportunity for sustainable affordable housing in Northern Arizona.
Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona’s Non-Discrimination Policy:
Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran status. The practice of non-discrimination applies to all employees, volunteers, applicants for employment and applicants for volunteer opportunities, and to all terms and conditions of employment.
Responsible for oversight and management of scattered-site HSNA affordable rentals. Provides property management services to advertise HSNA rentals in accordance with established affirmative fair housing marketing policies, maintain rental waiting list, determine renter eligibility for each rental unit, complete necessary lease and eligibility paperwork, ensure tenant files are accurate and complete (in compliance with grant funder guidelines). Oversees maintenance staff, ensuring scattered-site rental units and Sharon Manor rental units are in good condition. Responds to after-hours property management needs. Ensures compliance with all funding requirements. Reports directly to the Housing Programs Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Property Management for HSNA scattered-site rental properties (current inventory = 25 scattered site rental units in Northern Arizona). Scattered-site properties are primarily located in Flagstaff, AZ, but properties are also located in Williams, AZ; Kingman, AZ and Ft. Mohave, AZ. Future acquisition of rental properties will add to rental inventory for oversight & management.
- Screen potential tenants for eligibility to move into an HSNA rental property and determine renter eligibility based on funding guidelines and affordability requirements.
- Review lease documents with tenants.
- Complete lease signing and lease renewals for scattered-site rental properties.
- Maintain tenant and property files; ensure files are updated regularly and accurately.
- Ensure rents are collected on time; provide notices to tenants re: rent payments and work with tenants on payment plans, as needed.
- Work with CEO on evictions, as necessary, including working with HSNA attorney on court evictions and attending necessary court hearings. Ensure documents are complete and accurate for purposes of eviction.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on changes to HUD’s Fair Market Rents, HOME rent limits, Section 8 Payment Standards, Utility Allowances, etc. to ensure appropriate rent changes for tenants participating in these programs and that notifications are made on a timely basis.
- Supervise maintenance personnel; work with maintenance personnel to prioritize routine maintenance, repairs and regular inspections.
- Oversee and coordinate preventative maintenance and needed repairs on HSNA scattered-site rentals and Sharon Manor rentals.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors; schedule repair work and maintenance with vendors, as needed, coordinating tenant notices and access (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc).
- Complete unit inspections on a regular basis and prior to inspections from Section 8 administrators or grant funders.
- Build positive relationships with tenants; set clear expectations with tenants for what their responsibilities are and what the responsibilities of HSNA are.
- Respond to after-hours property management emergencies.
- Maintain rental housing waiting list.
- Represent Housing Solutions of N. Arizona to the public.
- Complete regular reports to grant funders and Board of Directors.
- Ensure programs are compliant with grant funder guidelines.
- Provide rental housing counseling (if/when certified).
- Maintain ongoing communication (oral and written) with direct supervisor and coworkers.
- Maintain required training and certifications (Fair Housing, Landlord/Tenant Act and HOME & LIHTC compliance certification)
- Represent the organization and make presentations re: housing programs as directed by the Housing Programs Manager & CEO.
- Update rent rolls to ensure they are accurate and accessible to staff partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in property management, housing counseling, banking/lending, Real Estate or title/escrow fields. Must have good computer skills and be familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook. He/She would also have experience working with databases. He/she will demonstrate good written and oral communications skills, as well as an ability to work cooperatively with other team members. He/She will need to complete fair housing, landlord/tenant, HOME and Low Income Housing Tax Credit compliance training after hire; must maintain required training certifications. Must pass a criminal background check and employment check.
Bilingual in Spanish
Experience in housing development/construction
Experience working with a nonprofit organization
Please send cover letter, resume, and completed job application to to firstname.lastname@example.org