Residential Recovery Support Staff
Back 2 Basics Outdoor Adventures
The Behavioral Health Technician functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing direct and indirect client care, under the supervision of the Program Manager. Provides for the personal care and comfort of clients. Provides a safe and clean environment with an awareness of the case, safety, security of the residents at all times. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.QUALIFICATIONS:
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. College coursework in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health or related field preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience in a behavioral health or social services setting, with knowledge of addictions treatment and an understanding of daily living/social skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- If in recovery, minimum of one to two years sobriety/clean time. Prefer experience in 12-step recovery.
- Preferred experience with administering psychotropic medication.
- BLS (American Heart Assoc. or Red Cross) within 30 days of hire.
- First Aid
- Minimum of Class 2 Fingerprint Clearance
- Employees must be able to validate a minimum of one (1) year clean and sober lifestyle along with a clean criminal history record for minimum of one (1) year.
- Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Must possess visual and hearing acuity, and the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet client and family needs.
- Must be able to accept other assignments at the discretion of the Residential Director and Executive Staff.
- Follow all driving rules and regulations when transporting residents and/or driving a B2B vehicle.
- Employees must be 21 years or age or older.
- Must be able to walk, bend, lift, or stand for reasonable periods of time.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Must be able to deal with a high stress and high demand work environment.
- Must be able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, clients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains Certifications and expectations of a clean diving record (CPR, First Aid, clean MVR, etc).
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to the Program’s standards of care, program rules, protocols, and handbooks.
- Maintains knowledge of program rules, protocols, and handbooks.
- Assesses client’s needs with awareness of diversity to determine appropriate group activities.
- Establishes trusting, respectful, and therapeutic relationships with clients while maintaining healthy boundaries and professional standards of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates respect for client diversity (gender, age, religion, culture, sexual identity/orientation, and physical/mental disabilities).
- Contributes to treatment plan development in client staffing.
- Provide daily information to other staff and supervisor regarding observations and interactions with residents.
- Document daily updates and observations of residents, including incidents that may be significant to shift supervisor.
- Monitor and document overview of residents family phone calls.
- Coach Life Skills on an individual basis as needed.
- Facilitates Big Book or other AA meetings, when appropriate.
- Supervise Resident work hours.
- Employs appropriate crisis intervention techniques as required.
- Assists clients with all activities of daily living, including personal hygiene needs. Teaches proper hygiene when necessary.
- Acts as a client advocate ensuring that client rights are upheld.
- Maintains a safe, clean, therapeutic environment at all times.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities in client care. Takes accountability for client safety while on duty. Will ensure residents are accounted for at all times. Checks clients and the environment meticulously for contraband.
- Role models and teaches appropriate social skills to clients.
- Facilitates a positive therapeutic environment. Ensures the integrity of the program by providing high quality interactions and activities as scheduled.
- Maintains consistency and predictability of milieu structure.
- Participates in home maintenance duties as assigned by Program Director.