Flagstaff Family Food Center Volunteer Opportunities
September is Hunger Action Month and the Flagstaff Family Food Center has volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
- Sandwich Making: Groups make sandwiches for our to-go lunch service and community non-profits. This event is competitive and lively!
- Dinner Service: Groups serve dinner to the Flagstaff community. Dinner is served to-go and in-house. This event is impactful and inspiring!
- Food Box Distribution: Provide food boxes to families at our outdoor, drive-thru distribution! This is a "no-contact" distribution. Volunteers load carts with groceries and place food into cars.
- Produce Box Packing: Pack boxes with healthy produce for our food distributions! Requires standing during the entire shift. Great activity for people looking for an active, fast-moving event!
- Food Bag Building: Prepare bags with a variety of shelf stable foods for families in need. These bags go out through our distribution program to roughly 150 families per day!
- Food Prep: Prepare Healthy meals at our kitchen! Duties include chopping produce, assembling salads, making sandwiches, and more. Great event for improving you kitchen skills!
- Mobile Distribution: Join us at one of our eight mobile distribution sites! Volunteers help intake client information, load groceries into cars and fill grocery boxes. Lively, fast-paced event!
- Food Drives: Is your team looking to do something out of your space? Consider hosting a food drive! Boxes with high-need food labels can be picked up from our warehouse. From there, advertise to your community and we can pick up the food from you!
- Food Box Distribution: With the help of volunteers, we are able to give out groceries to over 200 families per day! Volunteer roles include: load food into cars, controlling traffic, packing food into boxes and writing down client information. Our volunteer events are great for team building, families, individuals and students! Volunteer max: 6 people
- Produce Box Packing: Pack boxes with healthy produce for our food distributions! Volunteer roles include: packing produce boxes, assisting staff to build pallets & building boxes. This event is great for team building, families, individuals and students! Volunteer max: 7 people
- Food Bag Building: Prepare bags with a variety of shelf-stable foods for families in need. These bags go out though our distribution program to roughly 150 families per day! Volunteer max: 7 people